Are you sure that you can’t find your iPhone or looking for a family member? Use Family Sharing and Find My iPhone!
To do this, you will need to have the Find My iPhone app installed in order to track down the devices in your Family Sharing group. If you don’t have it on your phone, you can download it for free via the App Store.
Each device must also be running iOS 8 or higher and also support Family Sharing.
The only other stipulation is that everyone’s devices must have granted Find My iPhone access to be tracked. You can do this by following these directions on each iPhone and iPad:
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap your Apple ID banner at the top.
- Launch Settings, tap your Apple ID, tap iCloud
- Tap on Find My iPhone.
- Tap the switch next to Find My iPhone to turn it on (green is on).
How to set up Family Sharing
Before you can use Family Sharing with Find My iPhone app, you will need to set up the Family Group first.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your iCloud account banner at the top (with your name).
- Tap on Family Sharing.
- iOS 12 Settings iCloud
- iOS 12 Settings iCloud Family Sharing
- iOS 12 Settings iCloud Add Family Member
There you choose the first feature that you want to share with your family.
Web Alert: WordPress Sites Are Being attacked With a Plugin Bug
In this case, it would be Location Sharing.
Select Invite Family Member, and then send an invitation through iMessage, in person, or create a new child account.
If you’re on iOS 10 or earlier, you’ll just need to tap on Get Started and then follow the on-screen instructions to invite family members.
How To Easily Find My Phone
iOS 11 and later also has the option to invite someone in person. You can repeat the process of inviting a family member for up to six people.
How to track a family member’s device with F.M.iPhone
- Launch the Find My iPhone app from your Home screen.
- Sign in to your individual iCloud account.
- Tap on any device in order to receive more information and track it
- — your own devices show up at the top, followed by everyone else’s.
- Tap Play Sound if the person isn’t sharing their location. Their iPhone will make a shrill beeping sound. You can also tap to lock the device or erase it.
- Sing in to Find My iPhone, tap a device, tap an option
Alternately, you can also pan and zoom around the map and tap on any device in order to view more information about it.
That’s all for now. You can visit www.techidence.com for more details