The #EndSARS protest is a decentralized social movement against police brutality in Nigeria.
As said earlier, the slogan calls for an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a controversial unit of the Nigerian Police Force with a long record of abuses.
The protests started as a Twitter campaign using the hashtag #ENDSARS to demand the Nigerian government eliminate the a section of Nigeria Police Force SARS.
The EndSARS protest began in earnest on 8 October this year after a video that allegedly showed SARS officers shooting a man in Delta State. The demonstrations brought major cities like Lagos and the capital Abuja to a standstill, threatening its already struggling economy.
#EndSars: Morayo Afolabi Weeps as Hoodlums Attacked TVC
On 20th of October which was on Tuesday, Nigerian security forces have cracked down on peaceful protesters in Lagos after mass demonstrations against police brutality in recent days brought Africa’s largest city to a standstill, Graphic scenes of protesters fleeing amid crackling gunfire at Lekki tollgate.
A number of people have reportedly been shot dead or wounded at a protest against police brutality in Nigeria’s biggest city, Lagos. An unnamed witness had said that, shortly before 19:00 local time soldiers “pulled up and they started firing directly” at peaceful protesters.
#EndSars: Protesters at Lekki Toll Gate Attacked by Gunmen 6 Killed
During the course of the gunfire yesterday at Lekki toll gate, some people were injured and some almost dead but with the help of a doctor whose Instagram handle name is
Please don’t forget to Like, comment and Sharing will go even further. For more entertainment gist, don’t hesitate to press the following button.
#EndSars: I Will Never Forget How I Lost My Brother in The Hand of Police in 2010 -Mosun Filani
ALL THESE GONE IN LAGOS STATE.
1. Nigeria Port Authority Lagos – set ablaze
2. Orile Police Post, Lagos – set ablaze
3. Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos – totally destroyed
4. BRT Terminal, Oyingbo – New Buses set on fire
5. Television Continental, Ketu, Lagos , The Nation Newspaper in Mushin set ablaze
6. VIO, FRSC Office, Ojodu – FRSC branded cars, generators set ablaze.
7. BRT Terminal, Ojodu, Lagos – buses set ablaze.
8. BRT Bus at Berger – set ablaze
9. Lagos Television, Agidingbi, Ikeja – shut down
10. Recreational Center, Oregun, Lagos – set on fire.
11. Oba’s Palace, Lagos – burnt to ashes. His scepter of authority seized.
12. Sanwo Olu Mother’s House, Surulere, Lagos – set
13 Kings college on fire
14. Many lives lost already to the protests all in Lagos and south west.
15. Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island Lagos burnt
16. GTBank Branches burnt down
17. AccessBank Branches burnt down
18. Channels Television shut down
19. Ajeromi Local Govt Secretariat
20. Lagos-Island Local Govt destroyed
21. Lagos-Island East LCDA Secretariat set on fire
22. Lagos Mainland Local Govt Secretariat Destroyed
23. Ibeju Lekki LCDA Secretariat destroyed
24. Sanwoolu’s Uncle’s house on Lagos Island.
25. Ejigbo LCDA burn.
26. Many local council SECRETARIATS burn down now. in Lagos state.
Just in CITY HALL ON FIRE
Please Let Us Comment By Saying Thank You To This Man For His Good Work.