THE BIOGRAPHY OF OLUEPE OF EPE KINGDOM; HRM KING SHEFIU OLATUNJI ADEWALE, BANGBOPA ESHINLOKUN 1
The vibrant Oluepe is an accomplished Educationist, Manager and a seasoned Administrator. He was born at Ijebu-Ode General Hospital on the 1st October, 1938 to a Quintessential Officer of UAC of Nigeria.
However, his parents were dedicated servants of God Almighty and uncompromising disciplinarian who led not only by example but also transmitted this attributes to him and other siblings. He was however in his teenage nurtured at “Ide” (Refugee Island) in Ibejulekki by his paternal grandmother of Opelolu Family.
Primary and Secondary Education:
- He had his kindergarten (Pre-primary School) at MMM school, Sabo, Ibadan.
- He started his primary education at N.A. Central School, Epe from 1949 to 1954.
- He attended the L.A .Modern School, Epe in 1955 and concluded his secondary education at Ibadan in Almadiyya Grammar School, Ibadan from 1956 to 1961 where he obtained both the Standard Six Certificate and West African School Certificate.
- He obtained a Nigerian Certificate Of Education (NCE) from Federal Advance Teachers’ College, Akoka, Yaba between 1963 and 1966.
- In furtherance of his educational pursuit, he proceeded to University Of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) where he bagged B.A. Hons.
- He also attended University Of Bristol, Bristol, UK in 1977-1978.
- In his quest for knowledge and career development, he pursued and earned his Certificate in Legislative Studies in 1983 from Administrative Staff College Of Nigeria, Topo, Badagry, Royal Institute Of Public Administration, London (1983), Brooklyn Institution, Washington DC, USA (1983), Nigeria Institute Of Management, Victoria Island, Lagos (1991-1996).
Alh. Adewale has a wealth of experience and education gathered through decades of individual self-career development both in Nigeria and overseas.
He started his working career in meteorological department-Training School, Oshodi between December,1961 to February,1962.
He later joined the Nigerian Custom Department in March, 1962.
He also worked in the Ministry of Lagos Affairs between 1962 and 1963.
Aftermath, he was sojourn into teaching profession between June, 1966 to December, 1966 at Muslim High School Shagamu.
Before he later proceeded to core teaching at Ansar-ud-deen Grammar School, Surulere, Lagos between 1967 and 1972.
He joined the Lagos State Civil Service in Ministry Of Education as an Inspector Of Education between 1972 to 1976.
He became a Senior Inspector and Principal Inspector of Education/Senior Planning Officer between 1983-1998.
HRM contributed immensely to the Civil Service in different capacities, designations and Ministries.
- He was the Deputy Secretary Lagos State Ministry Of Estabs and Service Matter in 1983-1986.
- Executive Secretary, Land Use and Allocation Committee, Lagos State.
- Director, Planning Research and Statistics, Lagos State Ministry Of Health.
- Between 1996-1998 he rose to the post of a Director, Recruitment and Appeal of Lagos State Civil Service Commission and Director of Finance and Supplies, Ministry Of Women Affairs and Social Development In 1998.
- He was later appointed as the Chairman, Badagry Local Government between July,1998 – March, 1999 and he retired gallantly as a Director from the Lagos State Civil Service in July,1999.
We Fought For The Independent and Sovereignty of Our Home Country -Comerade Ladele Ismail
Owning to his selfless service to the state in the past and his present commitment to see Lagos as the number one State in the country, he was appointed as a commissioner (1) in the Civil Service Commission in July, 2005.
Recently in 2010, he was conferred with the Chief title of OluEpe of Epe Kingdom promoted to First Class Oba in 2017 by the Ex-Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.
HRH Shefiu Olatunji Adewale is an achiever of no bounds, married and blessed with successful children and grandchildren.