Outcome of the meeting of South West State Governors, Traditional Rulers and Presidential delegation, including Minsters from the South West.
- We express appreciation to Mr. President and his administration on the responsiveness to the initial demands of the ENDSARS demonstrators and for his firm handling of the aftermaths of the protest.
- We endorse the call by traditional rulers call for regular consultations with state governors and federal authorities on challenges facing the state and for appropriate recognition of their role in the Constitution.
- The security architecture of the country requires adjustment to adequately address the threats and realities of insecurity in the country. There should be more police presence in communities in the South west states.
History of Efunsetan Aniwura by Yoruba Basics
- While there are legitimate concerns contained in the initial ENDSARS movement, these have been hijacked by criminal and other elements with ulterior and negative forces and degenerated into anarchy.
- There is need to undertake preventive actions aimed at prevention of repeat of what happened in the country following the ENDSARS demonstrators. Security needs to be strengthened in all states.
- We wish to encourage the Nigeria Police by responding to their needs and appeal to them to do more to protect lives and properties and enhance security all over the country.
Solidarity Greetings to All The Lagos State Youth -Akanbi Ade Saheed
- We call for specific measures and proposals to repair damage done to the physical infrastructure and economic assets of the South West.
- Review of reports of constitutional conferences including 2014 National Conference and implement some of the recommendations especially with reference to security, economy, equal treatment for citizens all over the country.
- We believe that the prolonged closure of the border has caused economic difficulties and should be re-examined to alleviate problems of the people in the border communities and prices of some essential commodities. There is need to review the closure and permit resumption of economic and trading activities
Read This From The Founder of FIN (Finster) The Secret Group on Facebook
- A comprehensive programme that addresses youth employment and empowerment should be prioritized. Closer coordination and complementarity between the states and the Federal Government. In this regard, the curricular of tertiary institutions should be reviewed, with emphasis placed on skills acquisition and entrepreneurship.
- We recognize the damaging and negative impact of fake/false news and worry about its destructive and dangerous potency of fake news. We call on federal government to use the instrumentality of existing laws and those regulations bench-marked from other countries to provide safeguards against the spread of fake news. 2015 Cyber Act will also be fully used.
- Federal Government should ensure that technology is used effectively for the advancement of the Nigerian Security and not its destruction by working with the technology cum social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. The regime of checks and gate keeping should be fully employed.
Biography of Olu-Epe of Epe Kingdom HRM King Shefiu Olatunji Adewale
- We urge that every effort should be made to resolve the impasse between ASUU and the federal government so that students can return to school in earnest. Read more